Tuesday 5 January 2010

Photography Investigation - Research and context BLOG TASK 2

Dave Beckerman






"I shot with black and white film and did my work in the traditional darkroom for many years. I began to experiment with digital photography and inkjet printers a long time ago, but I didn’t begin to offer digital prints until I was convinced they were the equal of my darkroom work. My current digital workflow incorporates Adobe Lightroom, Adobe Photoshop (less and less), two Epson Printers (4800 and 7800) and two digital cameras: Canon 40D and a Canon 450D which has been modified for infrared work. A lot of the photography on the site was done with this infrared camera. I live and work in a small studio apartment on the upper east side, which is fine for individual experimentation."

There is an innate pure-tone quality to Beckermans work. His skylines magically composed to create a resonance of the sublime.
In some cases over and under exposed images seemlessly stitched together, creating the all too familiar effect of the uncanny. His point of reference appears to be picking out ordinary compositions making features of obscure objects or shapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment