Friday 15 October 2010

Initial play with Aftereffects

Having mocked up some backdrops for my title sequence and dropped them into after effects, i hit my first stumbling block. I thought i could get away without a story board, just using written pointers and reminders for direction. This has not been a productive or efficient way of working and from this point on, my general methodology will permanently be altered to accommodate real projection of visual ideas.
Actually visualizing ideas is a necessity. I have really struggled in organizing and composing the information in aftereffects due to this lack of foresight.
So having hit this wall, i now need to do a redesign of the backdrop images to accommodate live action footage and text. Not just make backdrops with no regard for how the final product will eventually be achieved.
Today's session made my images and ideas look way below average. This in turn has cost me time and energy in trying to think around the problem.
A frustrating day.

No comments:

Post a Comment